It looks like world is going towards Mobile and Technology Giants like Google are started to follow it now. Google recently tweaked its bots crawling mechanism and User Interface for Mobile Phones search. Here is the sample look of a search results page on mobile search. Mobile search results are built for mobile devices and are different from “standard” desktop results.
Here in this article i will give some tips to improve your website ranking in Google Mobile Search results and information on how to add your website into Google Mobile search results.
First step is to check whether your website is appearing in the Google Mobile search results or not, if your website doesn’t show up even if you check it by typing site:www.yourwebsitename.com in search option. Here are some of the reasons why your website isn’t got indexed by Google Mobile bots.
- Google Mobile bot may not be able to find your website: Your website must be able to be crawled by Googlebots for indexing and including it into search results. If you just built a website, it doesn’t mean that your website will be indexed properly by Goolge Mobile and web robots. If you have Mobile based business or you want to target mobile users as well, create a Mobile Sitemap and submit to Google using webmaster tools. more information on creating Mobile Sitemap is available here or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Some Mobile Sites built only for Mobile Phones which will restrict access to all other media other than Mobile Phones, for those kind of sites which needs restrictive access but want to appear in Google Mobile Search Results here is the option, you can allow Google Mobile site crawler bot “Googlebot-Mobile” manually, however doing it manually is risky because Google may change its bot name anytime. Here is the exact code to add
SetEnvIf User-Agent "Googlebot-Mobile" allow_ua
- You need to check whether Google bot can recognize your mobile site URLs or not. It doesn’t mean that your website pages indexed in web results are to be indexed in Mobile results also, Google won’t include the pages that are viewable on Mobile Phones. It is very simple to resolve this if you follow some of the guidelines while building your mobile site. Below is the code you need to insert into your Mobile site on top of its pages.
If you have different versions of website for both mobile and web, here is the most common problem for site admins who run both mobile and web versions of a site is that the mobile version of the site appears for users on a desktop computer Google search results, or that the desktop version of the site appears when someone accesses it on a mobile device. To avoid this here are the two options available:
- Redirect Mobile user to an appropriate version, identify the user/crawler and redirect them to the mobile version of the same page.
- Identify the user-agent and switch the content based on the agent, if you can’t configure this properly you site may be blacklisted by Google as possible Cloaking website.
For more information on SEO and Mobile Application Development, contact us at +91.40.44254233 or mail to email@example.com