What do you need to look for to include in your SEO strategy for this year 2011? This is the major question many of the SEO professionals are having nowadays due to regular algorithm updates from Google, In this year Google updated its algorithm 4 times in 2 months and one is a major update which is called Farmer Update. Farmer update dented the revenues for many of spam web sites like Ezine Articles, Article Base and mahalo, all these sites are engaged into user generated content for free and in return passing the link juice by allowing them to add two links in the article submitted into their directories. With these kind of new updates from Google some of the websites lost their ranking for many keywords.
Here is what you need to include in your SEO strategy in 2011:
- Speed: Though this is very less impacting factor in search results but when you increase the speed of your website, visitors will stay more time on the website, reduce the bounce rate, more page views will actually add lot of value in ranking your website better.
- Inner linking: Many people concentrate more on getting external links but ignore linking strategy inside the website, you need to make sure that prominence for the pages will come from adding links to pages within the website, for example if you have a website which sells iPhones, where ever iPhone appears in your website link it to one particular page which has descriptive content on iPhones.
- CMS: Having a good Content Management System (CMS) like wordpress, drupal, Joomla or SharePoint will give you more control on your website, you can make the changes on the fly and when ever Google updates its algorithm.
- Social Media Marketing: Engage your website visitors or customers by adding your website into Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Optimization: Optimize your website with best practices like by having a good title, descriptive content and make sure you don’t have any page not found errors.